Saturday, December 12, 2015

Delayed Reaction: Fletch Lives

What I Guessed It Was About: Fletch has another investigation that he can respond sarcastically to.
How I Came Into It: These days, Chevy Chase is equal parts punch-line and legend. A movie with him has to be pretty highly regarded for me to not go into it with some skepticism. Despite a lot of love in the world for Fletch, the response is quite muted on the sequel. That was a worrisome sign.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) This has a lot of the same humor and quirks of the first movie. I suppose if I was a bigger fan of that, I'd appreciate this one more too.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: It's taken me a while to write this Reaction because I simply can't find anything to say about this. It's not my style of humor. The story never engaged me. The characters were forgettable. I can't point to something that I would call bad, though. It's just another one of those forgettable movies that it's not worth looking for more.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment