Saturday, October 3, 2015

Delayed Reaction: Fletch

What I Guessed It Was About: Fletch is some sort of investigator investigating something. He's really good at either dressing up as different characters or imagining things.
How I Came Into It: This is the most fiercely Chevy Chase role there is. I kind of knew most of the best gags thanks to I Love the 80's. There wasn't much to the movie left unexplored before I saw it.

Why I Saw It: I'm such a big fan of Community, that I tend to forget about vintage Chevy Chase. When he was the comedy golden child, he put out some good product. This, with the costumes, physical comedy, and dry jokes features all of Chase's favorite and best traits.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I don't like to mix my dry humor with absurdest humor. I'll take "They say taupe is very soothing" over "I speak jive" any day of the week. That's a matter of taste though. What hurt my experience the most was knowing so many of the jokes beforehand. I didn't realize I knew the movie so well already until I started watching it and my brain started stepping on all the jokes.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment