Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Weekly 10: 10/13-10/19

So much TV. So so much.


The Middle "Risky Business"
They finally outed Brad and in a sweet way. Good on them. I'm still holding out hope that they find a way to use Lyndon Smith in a more pleasant way. I'm maintaining that it'll involve Axl but I'd also be interested to see what it would look like for her to rub off on Sue some.

Goosebumps
As far as putting dozens of books in a blender and pouring that into one script goes, this was a solid effort. Nothing great, but it matches the tone of the books.

Girl Meets World "Girl Meets Texas"
I've been on board for what I thought they were doing with Riley, Maya, and Lucas for a while. I thought it was a matter of the writers realizing that Sabrina Carpenter and Peyton Meyer have chemistry that Meyer and Rowan Blanchard don't, so they were shifting the relationships. They were doing it well. Riley got another potential love interest. Riley and Maya realized that Riley and Lucas had more of a brother/sister relationship. Everyone seemed cool with it. Then "Girl Meets Texas Pt. 3" happened and all indications are that I'm not going to like where this ends up. Relationships can be confusing on their own. There's no need to have a love triangle too, especially one with dynamics as poorly mapped out as they are right now. Seriously, Girl Meets World was so close to handling teen drama in a freshly original way and at the last second, they took the on ramp to cliche road.

Tig
I still haven't listen to the Tig Notaro Live album, so this documentary about it is a good alternative. It's a very interesting story.

Saturday Night Live "Tracy Morgan; Demi Lovato"
That's "lost episode of 30 Rock from 2012" sketch made me really want some new 30 Rock episodes.

The Leftovers Off Ramp"
This is the kind of episode I'm certain to like better when I can binge a season rather than wait a week. I really like everything this is doing and think that it is interesting to see what Laurie and Tommy are up to. After two weeks in a row of teasing the fallout of this earthquake though, I really want to see what happens next in Jarden.

Bridge of Spies
I kept expecting there to be more to this movie. It was wholly satisfying. I just wasn't prepared for the limited scope of it. I kind of blame the previews for that, or maybe the few scenes that weren't about Tom Hanks' character made me think there was a bigger world it was trying to cover. It's hard to say. Future viewings of it will only go better.

Brooklyn Nine Nine "The Oolong Slayer"
Peralta and Holt working on a case together is one of my favorite things.

Disney's The Kid

The only problem I have with this movie is that it made me go and watch About Time again because it got me in one of those moods with all it's "life the life you want" messages.

American Horror Story: Hotel
Not every episode is going to be this long, right? I'm signed on for an hour show every week, not a mini movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment