Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Weekly 10: 10/20-10/26


The Walking Dead "Thank You"
I have to see how this all plays out before I make a decision, but this development with Glenn has me worried. The way they shot his "death" was far too strategic and differs wildly from how the show has handled things before. If I haven't written it before, I know I've thought it: Glenn or Maggie need to die. As a couple, they've been boring for a while and killing one would allow the other to be a character again, hopefully*. Again, everything about this has been so deliberate that I'll need to see how it plays out before any "Dexter Season 6" comparisons need to be made.
*Granted, the writers could just improve the writing for each, but they gave up on that a while ago.

Steve Jobs
An interesting character study. I wish there was a little more to it.

Brooklyn Nine Nine "Halloween III"
Last week Holt and Peralta were working together. This week they're against each other. It's a sort of balance. Regardless, this is becoming one of my favorite annual episodes of any show.

Higher Learning
Well, it started off interesting, then it lost it's damn mind with the neo Nazis.

Fargo "The Myth of Sysiphus"
Patrick Wilson is fabulous on this show. This is a much bigger season than last, and he's managed to keep it all grounded. Loving this season so far.

The Middle "Land of the Lost"
I knew I should've committed it to writing. Last week, I was telling someone that I'd put all the money in the world on there being an episode this season with a Brick solo visit to Sue and Axl's school. I also figured it would involve him getting lost in or obsessed with the library.

White Noise
This was gibberish. Why did Michael Keaton spend so long making movies like this and Herbie Fully Loaded?

Blackish "Churched"
ABC family comedies are very formulaic and what makes them work is the wiggle room within the formula. This week, Blackish used that wiggle room for Jr. joining the church band, Diane being a complete sociopath, and fun with the white church/black church differences. This is a solid show the keeps chugging along. Yet another show they have they have that I'll watch for as many years as they leave it on.

The Leftovers "Orange Sticker"
This was an interesting episode. But, like I mentioned last week, it took to damn long to get there. Next week looks like a focus on Matt. His episode last year was fantastic, and there's no huge cliff-hanger that's being delayed by following him. This season really is playing like a better binge than week-to-week series.

The ABCs of Death
I hoped this would be scarier. Many more of these went for a laugh than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment