Thursday, October 1, 2015

Delayed Reaction: A Nightmare on Elm Street

What I Guessed It Was About: Kids in Everytown, USA start getting murdered in their sleep by a creepy dude named Freddy Kruger. Some girl learns how to battle him.
How I Came Into It: This is an incredibly prolific franchise. Oddly enough, I hadn't seen any of them before this. I needed to know what it's all about, and I might as well start at the beginning: the one with Johnny Depp.

Why I Saw It: I can see why this franchise was so popular. It's a simple concept. Freddy is a good villain. The movie is short and to the point.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: The effects don't age very well. This is more campy by now than it is scary. The incredible thing is that this was the third movie Wes Craven directed for that year. That makes sense because it looks like it was quickly produced.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment