Friday, October 16, 2015

Delayed Reaction: A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge

What I Guessed It Was About: It's a horror sequel that only wants to bend the formula a bit, so take any of the pronouns in the first script and change them. Now you have the script for part 2
How I Came Into It: I was aware that this is the gayest slasher movie ever. That alone makes this more interesting than any of the future sequels are likely to be.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) There's the great game within the movie of finding all the homosexual subtext because it is everywhere. That made it automatically engaging and enough changes are made from the original that it felt fresh.
Is it just me or does Kim Meyers in this look like she's related to Meryl Streep?

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I'm torn. Rehashing the exact thing over and over again gets tedious. Then again, at what point do changes break too far from formula? The whole point of Freddy Kruger is that he attacks in your dreams. Having him in the waking world doesn't feel right.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment