Saturday, February 8, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Tango & Cash

The Pitch: Kurt Rusell, Sylvester Stallone. Buddy Cops.

What Took Me So Long: I always confuse it with Turner and Hootch which isn't encouraging.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) Here I thought I'd seen a lot of buddy cop movies. As I've discovered over the last year or so, I've barely scratched the surface. I think both Tango and Cash are introduced effectively. The movie does a great job of handling their dual type-A partnership. The falsely accused angle is interestingly handled since normally they normally don't even make it to jail in this type of movie. Russell and Stallone are both allowed to play in their comfort zones which allows them to form an easy chemistry.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: As I've said. This sub-genre is a saturated landscape. This hardly stopped me from thinking "if you've seen one, you've seen them all." I'm sure everything is there for big fans on buddy-cop movies. At best, I'm a casual enjoyer of them, so it doesn't strike me as anything special.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment