Saturday, February 22, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Hulk

The Pitch: Let's do a Hulk movie and have it look like a comic book.

What Took Me So Long: The opinion of this movie is fiercely divided and I didn't want to get into it.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) I've seen virtually every other Marvel movie and I can say without a doubt that this one is unique. In terms of making a comic book come alive, Ang Lee nails it. Every choice the actors from Eric Bana to Nick Nolte to Jennifer Connolly make is consistent with comic book logic at it's finest.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Personally, I don't read comic books and there is a reason for that. I found the style of the movie to be exhausting. I appreciated it a lot more by the end than I did when it started. I can't deny the skill of Lee in this. He certainly delivers exactly what was asked from him. It is a style that didn't work for me much though. It also doesn't help that I don't find the Hulk story as interesting as some of the other Marvel heroes.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment