Friday, January 24, 2014

Delayed Reaction: The Jackal

The Pitch: Take the protagonists from The Rock and have them hunt down a mix between Leon and Keyser Soze.

What Took Me So Long: I couldn't've picked this movie out of a lineup of similar movies if I tried.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) The opening credits were good. I don't mean that to sound like an insult. Going into this movie as a blank slate, the opening credits got me excited to watch some sort of cool spy movie.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: What I got was a pretty tepid mix of The Rock and Blown Away. I'm not huge on Richard Gere and this did nothing to change that opinion. Bruce Willis is a pretty bland villain as well. The only thing notable about this movie is that it is currently Sidney Poitier's final film appearance which is a piss-poor way to go. I wish I could say more about it, but other than the odd scene in which Willis kills the weapons expert played by Jack Black which is more warped than interesting, I'm having a hard time taking anything away from this movie.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment