Thursday, January 23, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel

The Pitch: Alvin and the Chipmunks WITH MORE CHIPMUNKS

What Took Me So Long: The Chipettes singing "All the Single Ladies" was on loop when I worked at Target when it came out on DVD effectively killed my desire to want to see this for a long time.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) I need to get over petty squabbles. I like Zachary Levi, basically playing Chuck Bartowkski had he never found the Intersect. I've heard David Cross talk about how he likes doing this movies because he makes bank, so I can forgive him for the role due to his honesty. Uhhh...

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I've never understood people's love of the chipmunks singing so, like the first movie, this was a practice in futility for me. The story works at a complexity that a child can understand and little more. It was around the time that I watched this movie during which I realized this biggest flaw in my Club 50 project is that most of the newer movies I haven't seen are kids' movies, understandably, that are not very accessible to me these days. In short, sorry for all this whining about watching crappy animated movies.

Verdict (?): Strongly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment