Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Delayed Movie Reaction: Half Baked

The Pitch: Pot humor: The Movie


What Took Me So Long: I'm not as high on Dave Chappelle as the rest of the world.

Why I Saw It: It's entertaining. There's a few good laughs. A lot of stoner humor. I'm not sure how much of it I missed because of my limited experience with pot. I love finally having context for the Bob Saget cameo, although I can't account for the shock factor when that came out. He's sort of come out as being filthy now. In '98 he was still freshly Danny Tanner.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: This is very much a time and a place movie. You attach it to when you watched it and laughed with friends and make references to them because of that one time you all watched it at so-and-so's and that was the night when so-and-so broke the chair. Or whatever. For me it was watching a 15-year old movie by myself and thought it was ok. The comedy was a little broad and not especially well crafted. The characters are memorable. I liked it but wasn't impressed.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment