Saturday, January 18, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Elsewhere

The Pitch: Anna Kendrick battles internet stalkers.

What Took Me So Long: Anna Kendrick is not enough of a selling point to make me rush to see a movie.

Why I Saw It: And yet, she is apparently enough to get me to eventually see a movie. Let us not kid ourselves, the only reason to see this is because you are like "Anna Kendrick is in that? What's it about? Oh, it doesn't matter, I'll watch it anyway". It delivers on the promises of the synopsis. It is a "scary" movie. There's a lot of scenes at night. Really quiet scenes that throw in loud noises to surprise the viewer. A lot of fast cuts. Characters who are pretty obviously sociopaths that everyone in the small town thinks are "perfectly normal".

Why I Wish I Hadn't: As you can tell, I wasn't impressed. It is a middling entry into the overstuffed horror/thriller genre, perfectly befitting of a young actress before her breakout role (I think this came out sometime between Twilight and Up in the Air).

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment