Friday, January 10, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Robocop 2

The Pitch: I'm sure the first Robocop's success wasn't a Terminator motivated fluke. Let's make another.


What Took Me So Long: I only found the original mediocre which did not set high expectations for this.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) This could go one of three ways: 1) Terminator 2 - bigger and better than the original. 2) Gremlins 2 - no chance it could recapture the magic of the first, so they make it crazy as shit or 3) Hangover 2 - no one accepts that they can't reproduce the success with the same formula. I knew it wasn't going to be option 1. I hoped it would be option 2. I got option 3. This movie falls squarely in the category of barely good enough to not be remarkable.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I only barely liked the original. This is not an improvement. Thus, I didn't like this. It's sci-fi camp without the fun.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment