Sunday, January 26, 2014

Delayed Reaction: White Chicks

The Pitch: The Wayans' brothers play white women.

What Took Me So Long: I'm pretty turned off by their brand of humor. Scary Movie rubbed me very much the wrong way.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) This is one of those movies that won't die. I mean that in a good way. It was a funny premise when it came out and it continues to be. There's still nothing I can think of that is quite like it. This was Shawn and Marlon working at their comedic best. I know the dance off and singing Vanessa Carlton in the car are two scenes that I've heard mentioned time and time again by people. I also enjoy all the "before I knew them" sightings of people like Jennifer Carpenter, Anne Dudek, and Brittany Daniel.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Even at their best, I don't find the Wayans brothers especially funny. There's a couple chuckle-worthy moments but it's not my style.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment