Thursday, January 9, 2014

Delayed Reaction: Love, Wedding, Marriage

The Pitch: Mandy Moore is a marriage counselor who can't get her own marriage to work. Irony!!!

What Took Me So Long: I tend to prefer Mandy Moore playing against type, such as in Saved! or The Princess Diaries. Nice Mandy has yet to wow me.

Why I Saw It: I still like Mandy Moore. Most of the rest of the cast like Kellan Lutz, James Brolin, and Jane Seymour play to the level of the material and I guess that's all I can ask for. Jessica Szohr, while not transcendent, did stick out as being more effective in her role. There are a number of good cameos such as Alyson Hannigan and Alexis Denisof, which I enjoyed too.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: This is the Dermont Mulroney of romantic comedies. Agreeable enough. Not exceptionally remarkable. Easy to confuse with several other similar movie. And, never my first pick. That's appropriate, considering it is Mulroney's directorial debut.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment