Friday, November 1, 2013

Delayed Reaction: Madagascar

The Pitch: Ice Age with warm weathered animals.

What Took Me So Long: I was busy seeing Revenge of the Sith a lot the summer it came out. That tended to get in the way.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) At this point, it's a billion dollar franchise, so it was about time I saw it. I really get the feeling that Spielberg, Katzenberg, and Geffen watched Ice Age and said, "Ok, now make it warmer" and that was it. I mean, it isn't striving for something higher, like Pixar at it's best and I don't think it has the covert adult humor of Shrek. It is a step above the most painfully kid-targeted "family movies" in both of those ways though, so it was enjoyable enough to watch.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I don' t know. Talking animals don't do it for me anymore. There needs to be a new angle for it that isn't exactly the same as all the others.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment