Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Delayed Reaction: Rush Hour 2

The Pitch: Same movie, but this time, in China.

What Took Me So Long: I hadn't seen the first Rush Hour. You'd have to consult past-Alex on why I didn't see that though.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) The first movie was pretty good for what it is, so it didn't take a lot of persuading to get me to continue the series. I find it funny how formulaic this was in reversing the fish out of water aspect of the first movie. You know what though, it worked as well as it needed to. There' always a cheap laugh to be had from a joke about how tall Asian's are or how stupid Americans don't understand Asian culture.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Yeah, the low hanging fruit jokes can get old pretty fast. Thankfully, Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan's chemistry can always keep this going.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment