Thursday, November 7, 2013

Delayed Reaction: Planes Trains and Automobiles

The Pitch: A road trip with Steven Martin and John Candy.

What Took Me So Long: Your guess is as good as mine for how I hadn't seen this yet.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) I love Steve Martin. I love John Candy. I love a good Odyssey story. All the pieces were there and they delivered. It's one of those movies that is talked about enough that I've already managed to see clips of the best parts so not a lot took me by surprised. Oddly, I didn't know it was John Hughes movie until I watched it. Knowing that now, it shouldn't surprised me that even when the whole movie came off a little broad, the heart behind it ultimately won me over.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I'm not going to go out of my way to find a reason to regret watching this. The comedy is a little dated, but not terribly. By and large is holds up well. I know I certainly enjoyed it more that something like Identity Thief.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment