Friday, November 29, 2013

Delayed Reaction: Always

The Pitch: A love triangle with a guardian angel.

What Took Me So Long: Holly Hunter kind of annoys me. I don't know why.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) It's a Steven Spielberg movie so there's a baseline level of quality I could expect. The movie is very small, tucked away in its own little corner of the world. It's sweet story. Richard Dreyfuss is in his fussy but lovable wheelhouse and Holly Hunter is familiarly tough but delicate. John Goodman is the best friend, which is a role he's had for the majority of his career. It walks the fine line of talking about the afterlife without getting too bogged down with religion. That's key.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: It was kind of boring and meanders a lot. It's positioned as a great love story and it's a good one. I feel like 30 minutes could've easily been cut from this. This thing dragged at almost all points.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment