Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Delayed Reaction: Camp

The Pitch: You know, it's been too long since Fame was on.

What Took Me So Long: The only thing that had me considering it is the need to see anything I can with Anna Kendrick.

Why I Saw It: Did I mention Anna Kendrick? Other than that, there were no redeeming qualities to this movie.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: This is one of those cases when I can't figure out who the intended audience is. The plot screams "Disney Channel movie" (think Camp Rock. In fact, think exactly that) but the language and discussion of sex is intended for someone older. Then there's the singing, which isn't bad, but it is annoying, I mean, it's not great (except Kendrick, of course, who nails her one song. Side rant: How do you only give her ONE song?). There's something fascinating about watching a movie in which this is the only IMDB credit for most of the cast. It's like a train wreck and you can't look away. Beyond Kendrick, it is quickly apparent why no one else broke out after this movie, and Kendrick still took a few years to get going again. If you rate every episode of Glee a 10 out of 10, you might enjoy this...maybe.

Verdict (?): Strongly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment