Sunday, November 17, 2013

Delayed Reaction: The FP

The Pitch: A timeless tale about love, betrayal, and DDR in a dystopian, Mad Max future that looks like it cost $17.34 to make.

What Took Me So Long: I don't find movies like this. They find me.


Why I Saw It: It begins with a friend saying "you won't believe this movie" and ends with you saying "I can't believe this movie." It's bad but a little brilliant in that I cannot for the life of me determine if the people who made this movie realize how bad it is. It is so incredibly over the top without ever winking to the camera. Until I see something else that the Trost family (seriously, check the credits. There's a clan of them behind this), I won't know what their angle is.


Why I Wish I Hadn't: This is a bad movie, and like most bad movies, it should be enjoyed with others. Let me be clear though. This is a bad movie, not a movie that could be good but does a few things remarkably well. It is beginning to end not very good, to the point that the badness is so exact and copious that you start to believe it could be brilliant, even though it isn't because it is plain bad. The dialogue is atrocious. There is no production value. The acting is...tricky. The delivery is awful but the conviction is there. I'll put it this way. Of the 1 star movies I've found, this is one I'd be likely to see again.


Verdict (?): Strongly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment