Sunday, November 10, 2013

Delayed Reaction: Scream 4

The Pitch: It's not a reboot. It's like the other Screams but with a younger group of kids. I repeat, it is not a reboot.

What Took Me So Long: I was really underwhelmed by the third one as well as most horror reboots (Note: before seeing it, I did not realize it wasn't a reboot).

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) I liked the first two Screams enough that it was worth giving this one a try. Besides, the part of me that likes pretty people on the screen was delighted by Emma Roberts, Hayden Panettiere, Alison Brie, Aimee Teegarden, and vintage Courtney Cox and Neve Campbell. That alone would've gotten me to finish it. Thankfully, that wasn't even needed because this was everything you hope for with a Scream movie: thrills, twists, scares, and most importantly, thorough dissection of the horror movie genre.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I didn't like that I was wrong about who the killer was. I liked the actual identity better though, so that doesn't even count. Yeah, no complaints here except for the mileage I get from the genre to begin with.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment