Friday, November 22, 2013

Delayed Reaction: Harlem Nights

The Pitch: Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor is an R-rated - what's that? You don't need to know the rest. You'll make it?

What Took Me So Long: With a cast like that, I don't know how I missed it for so long.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) ...And then I watched it. To date, this is the only time Eddie Murphy has directed a movie and it looks like a lot of people were willing to take part in it. Personally, I was most excited to see Murphy and Pryor together. Both have a rough batting average in theaters (To be fair, at the time, Murphy didn't) so it is a volatile pairing.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: This wasn't particularly funny. It was written by, directed by, and starring Murphy so we can squarely place the blame here. That said, looking at reviews of it, I wouldn't rate it as hyperbolicly bad as others did. It was merely underwhelming.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment