Thursday, October 31, 2013

Delayed Reaction: Stargate

The Pitch: It's a Science Fiction movie for people who love Egyptian mythology.

What Took Me So Long: I wasn't a fan of any of the shows so that wasn't much of an endorsement for the movie.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) I was curious to see if there was anything from the movie that made the series that followed a logical conclusion. In short, not really. The idea of a Stargate is a perfect setup but the movie and shows stop being connected there. I can't say this is my favorite shade of James Spader. I like him a little more confident and douchey. Kurt Russell plays a good Kurt Russell character. So, there's that.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Mostly, I'm reminded how much scifi isn't my preferred genre. There's some exceptions, of course, but something like this does nothing for me, and since I lack that core enjoyment, all I can really do is focus on what parts don't age well. In others words, it wasn't bad, but I didn't prefer it.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment