Saturday, October 12, 2013

Delayed Reaction: Ever After

The Pitch: A slightly tweaked version of Cinderalla.
What Took Me So Long: Enough already. There's two many Cinderalla stories. I'm tired of it.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) I saw A Cinderella Story, so I didn't have an excuse to not see this one which is much better. Drew Barrymore is a fine Womens Lib. Cinderella. Angelica Huston is a good [mostly] wicked step-mother. Melanie Lynskey is a scene-stealer (seriously, how has she not gotten a TV vehicle yet at the very least?). Given that I knew everything that was going to happen since it's a freakin' Cinderalla remake (or reimagining, or retelling, or whatever they want to call it), I enjoyed this more than I thought I would.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: If I haven't mentioned, I've see a lot of Cinderella stories, so I'm a little tired of small variations of that same story. This is one of the better ones, but still, far from new.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment