Saturday, October 26, 2013

Delayed Reaction: Kiss the Girls

The Pitch: James Patterson was really hoping a movie would be made for his Alex Cross character.
What Took Me So Long: I was pretty convinced that the title was going to be cooler than the movie.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) If this is where you expect to hear me say anything negative about Morgan Freeman, you are going to be disappointed. Crime movies can be fun and James Patterson has the beats down.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: The problem is that from a Law & Order: Special Victims Unit perspective, this is pretty tame. I can't put myself in the context of crime entertainment in 1997. Every other show on TV now is about a serial killer or criminal investigators. That ends up aging this tremendously, simply due to being a more sophisticated (if not deranged) audience. Now, why something like Se7en or The Usual Suspects aren't so affected by this probably has something to do with how effectively this was made. A lot more could've been done with the idea of serial killers teaming up, but that was squandered, leaving this as a movie that is just good enough not to be bad.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment