Friday, October 18, 2013

Delayed Reaction: Sense and Sensibility

The Pitch: It's like Pride & Prejudice but not exactly.
What Took Me So Long: I'm not the biggest Ang Lee fan or fan of Victorian literature.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) My mother and sister gush about it, which means it could really go either way for me. I am a fan of this cast though: Kate Winslet, Hugh Grant, Emma Thompson (also wrote the screenplay), Alan Rickman...no, I'm not just listing the cast the Love, Actually, although I see what you mean. I should've watched that instead.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I'm not a fan of Jane Austen in book or movie form from what I've seen/read of it. I can't fault anyone else for like this, but I was mostly disinterested throughout. If you told me something that happens in P&P or S&S and asked me to identify to which it belonged, I would score rather low. I can't fault the performances though.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment