Thursday, October 24, 2013

Delayed Reaction: The Holiday

The Pitch: Romantic movie about two women who cross the pond for Christmas.
What Took Me So Long: I was never sure what kind of movie this is.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) In terms of cast, I'm totally on board. It's nice seeing Kate Winslet in something with a lighter tone than a lot of her other roles and she is charming paired with Jack Black who isn't being forced to play over the top. Cameron Diaz is a little annoying, but that's the design of the character and I liked her by the end along with Jude Law. Overall, nothing to hate here.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I get frustrated by characters who are unhappy with their lives due to very basic problems that they could fix rather easily which this falls in the category of. Also, I'm not sure how I feel about the whole side story with Winslet and Eli Wallach as the old movie producer. I liked it but it was a little out of place.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment