Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Delayed Reaction: Sex and the City the Movie

The Pitch: Well, we can't do another season, so, let's just call it a movie and edit it like one big episode.

What Took Me So Long: I never cared for the show much and movie follow ups to shows are normally disappointments.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) Know your enemy, I suppose. But really, Sex & the City was a very successful show. The actresses are all very accomplished playing these roles. The writing has a charm and wit to it. They stay true to the series.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: ...to a fault. This is a final season wrapped into a movie. It's a completely episodic two hours  that lead me to ask why they didn't do another abbreviated season instead. This is all so disjointed. I imagine a fan of the show is happy to see these characters again, but as someone trying to watch it as a movie, this was sloppy and meandering.

Verdict (?): Strongly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment