Friday, October 4, 2013

Delayed Reaction: Interview with the Vampire

The Pitch: The pitch is in the title. I think there was a book too, so that was probably a strong selling point as well.

What Took Me So Long: I was tired of vampires before they were everywhere.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) It's one of those movies. You know? It has chased me for years and I kept not watching it until one day, I realized "I have no reason not to watch it." Brad Pitt plays a vampire about as earnestly as he can. Tom Cruise is having a little more fun with it. Kirsten Dunst gives one of those performances that makes you wonder how if she was that good when she was 11 or 12, how is she not dominating the awards circuit by now.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: It's definitely a little long, but if I'm going to pick out something about it that I didn't enjoy, I'll go abstract and say that it's a little full of itself. I'm not even sure what I mean by that either.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment