Saturday, January 2, 2016

Delayed Reaction: Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb

What I Guessed It Was About: The same thing as the first two movies except in England.
How I Came Into It: This is yet another example of a franchise running out of ideas and moving to Europe for the third movie. I believe I predicted the Louvre would be next, so I am a little disappointed to be wrong about that.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) The whole movie was forgettable, but I fully enjoyed when Lancelot interrupted Hugh Jackman and Alice Eve's play. If nothing else, it had Hugh Jackman using his Wolverine stance, miming the claws, complemented by Alice Eve's commentary on it. It was so stupid, yet I giggled through the whole thing. Sometimes I'm an easy audience.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: This is a thoroughly exhausted franchise. The second movie far underperformed compared to the first, then this comes out a full five years after that. It reminded me a lot of the third Mummy movie and how unnecessary that was. I guess there was not a precipitous drop from the previous movie. It just seemed like everyone was showing up to get a paycheck, including the director, writer, producers, and entire crew.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment