Friday, January 8, 2016

Delayed Reaction: Hotel for Dogs

What I Guessed It Was About: You see, there's this hotel...and it's for dogs. Get it? Because hotels should be for people, not dogs. You see? You'll have to watch the movie to understand. It's pretty subtle.
How I Came Into It: Having started Scream Queens, I was in an Emma Roberts mood and this was what was available from my big list. Beggars can't be choosers.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) Here's the things that a reasonably person sees this movie for:
-Dogs doing a lot of tricks.
-The nifty contraptions they invent for the hotel.
-To be reminded that Lisa Kudrow can milk a laugh out of almost anything.
-To realize that Emma Roberts has been around for a while now.
-To wonder what ever happened to Kayla Pratt.
-Did I mention dogs doing tricks?

Why I Wish I Hadn't: This is a simplistic children's movie in every way. The characters aren't very complex. The story doesn't go anywhere you don't see coming in the first 10 minutes. All the money went into the props and training the pets (which is as good a way to spend the budget as anything). It's as forgettable as movies get, but for the "born in 2002" crowd, I could see how this could be regarded like Harriet the Spy is by me.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment