Thursday, January 21, 2016

Delayed Reaction: Honeymoon in Vegas

The Pitch: Sarah Jessica Parker has to choose between her degenerate gambling fiance and a rich, successful, gambling stranger.
How I Came Into It: I've always looked at this as a prequel of Leaving Las Vegas, so just about anything this movie did was going to have an unintended comedic effect.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) Nic Cage, James Caan, and Sarah Jessica Parker all fit into their roles nicely. This is a low impact comedy, similar to something like Rat Race in its story convolution and goofy comedy.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: There was far less Las Vegas than I expected. The Hawaii stuff was fine and totally in line with the tone of the rest of the movie. But, when I'm promised a Las Vegas movie, I expect it to have a lot more Las Vegas. It's not like there's not enough to do there.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment