Thursday, January 7, 2016

Delayed Reaction: Tin Men

What I Guessed It Was About: Uhhhhhhhhhh...that's a great question. I assume with Richard Dreyfuss and Danny DeVito as leads, this is going to be about two people in a feud. That's what they each do well. And this is the director of Envy, after all.
How I Came Into It: Barry Levinson is one of those names that I know but have to think for a minute about why. He followed this up with Good Morning, Vietnam and Rain Main, so this was from an exciting time for his movies.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) I liked how ugly Dreyfuss and DeVito are in this. Neither are villains although they are both very unsavory. Despite being enemies the whole time, it ends with them together in a car, coming up with new ideas for a business. They are chums who don't like each other. I tend to like those kinds of relationships.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: Was this supposed to be funny? I understand that it's light-natured. Was I supposed to be laughing anywhere? That's the hard thing about comedy. It almost never ages well. When this came out though, was it funny at a Knocked Up level or a 27 Dresses level?

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment