Thursday, January 14, 2016

Delayed Reaction: The March of the Penguins

The Pitch: People love penguins. How much?Could we get them to watch a boring documentary about them? Too far.
How about if we get Morgan Freeman to narrate it?

How I Came Into It: I think I firmly established after watching Happy Feet that I don't get the penguin love. They're fine, I guess. The baby penguins are no cuter than any other baby animal. What's the big deal? Needless to say, I was watching this out of obligation.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) Getting Morgan Freeman was smart. Without him, what's the point? I certainly know more about penguins than I did before. That's something.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: This was so boring! Apparently I'm heartless too, because I didn't think much of when the seal or whatever kills the one penguin. Just about the only thing that kept my attention was the throw down when the one mother tries to steal the other mother's baby.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment