Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Delayed Reaction: Rambo 3

What I Guessed It Was About: John Rambo just wants to live his life in peace. He's hiding away in some remote location (monastery, small village). One day, an old buddy or employer comes to him with "one last mission". He reluctantly takes the job, only because innocents are being killed or he has a personal tie to it (maybe a long lost love turns up). So, he goes to this war-torn area and blows it the fuck up.
How I Came Into It: So far, the Rambo movies were exactly what I expected. I had to assume there was a reason why this ended up being the last one for 15-20 years. I was worried.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) It's still John Rambo as a one man army. Sometimes, you just want to see things blow up (A sentence that has since been trademarked by Michael Bay, I believe).

Why I Wish I Hadn't: For a movie that at one point held the distinction of having the highest body count ever, I sure was bored for large chunks. Watching this was virtually a carbon copy of watching Rambo II except I came away from Rambo II more impressed. Maybe it's true what they say about diminishing returns. No, that can't be. How else do you explain Furious 7?

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment