Friday, January 22, 2016

Delayed Reaction: Curly Sue

Other Delayed Reactions

The Pitch: A rich woman takes in a homeless man and his not-daughter and find love.

How I Came Into It: It's the last film John Hughes directed. That's about the only remarkable thing about it. It's from the middle of the biggest point in Jim Belushi's career.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) This is a highly manipulative movie and I can't say I really cared. It never really asked me to take it seriously, so I didn't. Jim Belushi and Alisan Porter play off each other well. Kelly Lynch is likable. Then there's an appearance by a very young Steve Carrell.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: It's not a great movie. It's just an easy to watch movie. It's contrived. It's overly sentimental. I totally get the 14% Rotten Tomatoes rating. That said, it has that John Hughes charm.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment