Saturday, November 7, 2015

Delayed Reaction: The Road Warrior

What I Guessed It Was About: This is going to be very similar to Mad Max, only with a real budget. Perhaps it'll be about Max helping out a group of weaker people from some gang leader, because that's what Max likes to do.
How I Came Into It: I'd just watched Mad Max for the first time minutes before. I'd watched Fury Road the week before. I was in full Mad Max mode.

<<Full Disclosure: I watched this in a very distracted setting.>>

Why I Saw It: That movie was good all around, but that chase at the end...oh my. 30 years later and it still impresses. It's amazing just how influential the style of the movie was on basically every future dystopia since in pop culture.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I mean, none. I suppose it doesn't have the best acting. That's almost the point though. It's a very well made movie that embraces, to some extent, a cult-movie vibe.

Verdict (?): Strongly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment