Thursday, November 26, 2015

Delayed Reaction: Man on Wire

What I Guessed It Was About: This is the story of the crazy man who decided to do a hire-wire walk between the World Trade Center towers back in the 70s.
How I Came Into It: This is a phenomenally well reviewed documentary. I've been wanting to see it for a while. With the Robert Zemekis movie coming out in a month or two*, it seemed like a good time to finally get to it.

*I left that in to give you an idea of how far behind I am on these reactions.

Why I Saw It: It's incredible to think that anyone could do this. The confidence, the skill, the foolishness. Just looking at the pictures of him doing this spooked me. Even more fascinating than the actual stunt is seeing how they accomplished it. I always assumed it was a secure job, not sneaking into the building and firing arrows with fish wire. Simply incredible.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I regret nothing about the movie. The only downside is that it may kill some of the suspense for The Walk in a couple months.

Verdict (?): Strongly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment