Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Weekly 10: 10/27-11/2


The Middle "Halloween VI: Tick Tock Death"
That was a really well written episode. It managed to maintain the anthology structure while still telling a linear story. The Frankie story was about the madness of having all the guys in the house. The Axl and friends story was about getting them out of the house. The Brick story tied in because he was out trick r' treating for Cindy, who was the one that scared the boys away. And Kenny speaks. If this is the only time he ever speaks (or maybe it can be a Halloween episode tradition), then I'm ok with that.

Fresh Off the Boat "Miracle on Dead Street"
So, Honey trying to stop Jessica from doing bodily harm to those teenage boys was very funny. Honey has become more of an asset than I expected.

The Purge
This is a perfect example of the plot necessity driving the all character decisions to disastrous effect. Oddly, this doesn't hurt my interest in seeing the sequel at all.

The Walking Dead "Here's Not Here"
Badly timed episode. So far, this run of episodes would be much better served as an 8-episode binge rather than week to week. These cliffhangers are starting to piss me off. They need to dip into that well less often.

Fargo "Fear and Trembling"
The story has escalated for more than I expected in only four episodes. By the tenth, it's going to be insane. How much longer can Ed and Peggy possibly survive? How many Gerhardts will be left standing? Can I even feel confident that Betsy will get to die of natural causes?

TMNT
There's has got to be a new way to handle the dynamics of the turtles. Lone-wolf Raphael is getting old.

American Horror Story: Hotel "Devil's Night"
That serial killer dinner party did absolutely nothing for me. I could tell it was trying for...something. Whatever that was completely missed.
And they are turning characters into vampires at a ridiculous rate. I don't understand how in this world, a substantial percentage of the city aren't vampires or victims of them.

The Leftovers "No Room at the Inn"
Poor Matt. Poor, poor Matt. That dude's got it rough. Solid episode and I loved the glimpse of the world at the entrance of Miracle.

Our Brand is Crisis
I get why this movie isn't doing better in theaters. I do find it hard to ever dislike Sandra Bullock though.

Last Week Tonight
He talked about Kentucky and there were no hillbilly jokes. I'm calling that a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment