Friday, November 13, 2015

Delayed Reaction: Deceived

What I Guessed It Was About: Goldie Hawn falls in love with a man and realizes that she's been deceived. I assume he wants to murder her, but he could just have another family. Maybe he beats her. There's not a lot of ways this movie can go.
How I Came Into It: Somehow, this movie didn't turn a profit in the box office. I look at this movie, the limited cast, the simple setup, the basic script, and can't fathom it not making its budget back. I guess this is less "how I came into it" and more "how I responded after checking the Wikipedia page". It's certainly my biggest takeaway from the movie. Other than that, I had both this and the movie Betrayed queued up to watch. There is a 0% chance I'll keep those straight in my head a month from now.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) Goldie Hawn is fine and carries the movie as well as you'd expect from a movie star. John Heard is the right level of menacing without being over the top (most of the time).

Why I Wish I Hadn't: This is an unremarkable movie in every way I can think of. Every single beat is a familiar one and the final explanation for all the deceit is convoluted.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment