Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Delayed Reaction: * batteries not included

What I Guessed It Was About: Robots or aliens or something like that come to Earth and help people.
How I Came Into It: I really knew little about this except when I'd mention it to some people, they responded favorably, but with that faded look in their eye, like they were trying to access a memory that they no longer know the path to.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) I was under the impression that this was a Short Circuit ripoff and it's really much more of a Cocoon feel. Or, perhaps, I don't remember either movie well enough to be accurate. Oh well, I'm not planning to revisit any of them anytime soon. It's a charming little movie. Very quiet and simple. When I heard that it began as an episode of Amazing Stories that Stephen Spielberg decided to expand, that made sense. It also checks one more movie off the list of all the produced features that Brad Bird has or shares credit for.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: It was dull and it felt kind of cheap. I don't have a nicer way to say it. It is painfully clear that this began on a TV scale. I can't find much to say about it because I just didn't care for the whole run of it. I wish I had more to say about it.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment