Saturday, August 29, 2015

Delayed Reaction: Friday

What I Guessed It Was About: Based on Barbershop, this is the story of Ice Cube on a Friday, going through assorted adventures in his urban neighborhood. Chris Tucker says funny things.
How I Came Into It: The year was 2008. I was working at a Target in Bloomington, IN, covering in the Electronics section one day when a guy comes up to me and asks if we had two movies. The guy was Eric Gordon, star freshman for the IU Basketball team. The movies were Dumb & Dumber and Friday. So, I looked them up. Dumb & Dumber we carried, but were sold out of. Friday, we didn't even carry at all. A month later, IU loses in the opening round of the NCAA tournament and 90% of the players leave the team. Coincidence? I think not.

Why I Saw It: Did you know that "Bye, Felecia" came from this movie? I didn't and that was thrilling. The rest of the movie was fine too.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: I need to stop watching movies on Bounce. First of all, there's no made for TV cuts of the movies they're showing, so these movie goes silent every time Chris Tucker tells a story or Ice Cube gets angry. I liked this movie better when it was called Boyz n the Hood and it wasn't a comedy and Ice Cube had a Jheri curl.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment