Sunday, August 30, 2015

Delayed Reaction: Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked

What I Guessed It Was About: Alvin and the others get lost on a remote island. They sing a lot, mostly songs I don't care for, and things turn out alright in the end.
How I Came Into It: I do and I don't understand why the Chipmunk movies are such hits. The chipmunks are oddly beloved characters and people can't get enough of that infectious singing. Then again, the movies aren't very good, despite actors like David Cross putting on their "please give me my paycheck" smiles. With no new characters from the universe to add, Chipwrecked is the first litmus test of how the series will look at status quo.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) It's nice to see Jenny Slate getting a good payday. Even better was that she wasn't there to be a love interest. She was just a loon.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: The chipmunks annoy me. I'm sorry. That's how it is. The whole hidden treasure sideplot was one story too many. Mostly though, it annoys me to listen to the chipmunk voices.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment