Friday, August 7, 2015

Weekly 10: 7/31-8/6

I watched a lot of bad movies this week. I spared you from the mention of many of them. You're welcome.


Review Premiere "Brawl, Blackmail, Gloryhole"
It's good to have Forest MacNeil back. I completely lost it when the "Get in a brawl" segment went off the rails. Allison Tolman was great and I'm sad that she won't be around longer.

The Wire Season 2
I still don't like Ziggy that much, but damn that show puts together a satisfy season/story.

The Neighbors
I can't believe this show exists. For anyone who doesn't know, it's a sitcom on Hulu made by Tommy Wiseau, mastermind behind the epic failure of cinema, The Room. This show is awful in every way. I will not be watching another episode.

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation
It's nice to know that just because something is very familiar doesn't mean it still can't be a lot of fun.

Halt and Catch Fire Finale "Heaven is a Place"
Yeah, this show got very good. That was as satisfying an ending as I could hope for. I didn't care for most of the Gordon stuff throughout the season, but it's clear we needed to go through that to get to this point with him. Kerry Bishe though. She's so damn good. Moving her to a lead is the smartest thing they could've done. I fully assume there will be no third season (the ratings for this are atrocious). That doesn't mean it wouldn't excite me if there was one.

The Perfect Murder
That's a bad title. It was never a perfect anything.

Hannibal "And the Woman Clothed with the Sun"
Simply put, I like Abigail, so I'm glad they keep finding excuses to use her.

Innerspace
This has been a bad week for me watching movies with likable stars (Dennis Quaid, Martin Short, and Meg Ryan are a good place to start) that felt like they were an hour too long.

True Detective "Black Maps and Motel Rooms"
The case still doesn't make any more sense to me. The rising tension is doing a good job distracting me though.

Betrayed
Listening to the little girl being all racist and bigoted reminded me one of of my favorite talk show interviews ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment