Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Delayed Reaction: Flightplan

What I Guessed It Was About: Jodie Foster's on a plane and there's a terrorist plot (because there's always a terrorist plot on a plane. Why else set a movie there?). She has to stop it because everyone else on the plane is worthless. Nothing explodes.
How I Came Into It: I go back and forth on Jodie Foster. She'll do Silence of the Lambs one minute, then Sommersby the next.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) I don't think the movie ever expects the audience to consider that Foster makes her daughter up. Beasue of that, it plays out as a slow reveal of what happened. I've seen movies that would've fixated on the idea that the daughter didn't exist and use the daughter reveal as a big trick toward the end. There's a little of that, but not enough to get tedious.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: As awful plans go, this was an awful one. Anytime that a key part of a plan relies on someone not looking hard enough in a room or a plan full of people not noticing that a lady had a kid with her, it's not a good plan. The whole thing was awfully convoluted. That lame scheme the marshal had killed my enjoyment of the entire third act.

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment