Sunday, August 9, 2015

Delayed Reaction: Bound

What I Guessed It Was About: This is a cheap knock-off off 50 Shades of Grey.
How I Came Into It: I only knew of this as a movie that Charisma Carpentar got naked in and that's about it. I watched this mainly because it was short and I knew I wouldn't feel bad if I fell asleep in the middle of it. I assumed it was a bad 50 Shades of Grey. Further research has told me that it is proudly and intentionally a knock-off. Apparently, the Asylum is a studio that specifically makes bad imitations of movies on the cheap and releases them in time to confuse stupid audiences (My favorite title of one of these is 2007's Transmorphers). That complicates my reaction slightly.

Why I Saw It: It can't be just because I was curious to see Charisma Carpenter naked. There's the internet for that or simply better movies for nakedness in my Netflix queue. I've gone over and over looking for another reason, but that must've been the entirety of my decision. More than anything though, it did provide about 90 minutes of mindless dribble on my TV which was exactly what I wanted that late and drunk that night.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: It was bad. The story jumps all over the place. I'm not sure how old Carpentar was supposed to be playing, but it had to be much younger. Listening to her talk about her job at all is hilarious, using the least specific wording imaginable. The villain jumped from 0 to 10 out of nowhere. It's so obviously trying to be a bad movie that it's hard to criticize it properly.

Verdict (?): Strongly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment