Saturday, August 22, 2015

Delayed Reaction: Hannah Montana: The Movie

What I Guessed It Was About: Miley goes back home and has to decide if she wants to continue being Hannah Montana. Somehow, "The Climb" makes everything better.
How I Came Into It: I've seen more episodes of Hannah Montana than I should admit to. It and she became so big that I had to know what it was about. It turns out, that I don't get what the big deal was. I guess that 'tweens just like music. Having seen past shows get a movie (most notably Lizzie Maguire and the theatrically released High School Musical 3), I had an idea what I was getting...and that didn't excite me.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) It's a 90 minute TV show. It has the exact feel of an episode, only larger, better casting (Hello, Margo Martindale), and better financed. "The Climb" is a pretty good song too.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: As a non-fan of the show, it's hard to say anything that sounds fair about this. It's not a plausible movie (I'm supposed to believe an entire venue of people will keep Miley's secret?) and you can see every beat of the story coming from the moment the movie begins. It's exactly what it's supposed to be though: a not so good movie that young kids can enjoy.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment