Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Delayed Reaction: Behind Enemy Lines

What I Guessed It Was About: Owen Wilson is caught, well, behind enemy lines, and has to get himself to safety.
How I Came Into It: I spent a long time thinking I'd seen this one before. The more I thought about it, I'd only seen parts. Still, that meant I knew what I was getting into.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) This is well done on a technical level. Everything looks authentic and all the action shots are well done. Owen Wilson is an interesting choice for the lead (Has he led any other action movies? The Shanghai Series is as close to it as I can think of). Gene Hackman is comfortable as the admiral as well.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: There's no emotion to this movie. It is so forgettable. I didn't connect with Wilson's character much, and with it primarily being him by himself or with name-less extras, there's not a lot to keep me going. The movie is so afraid of being anything other than a Hollywood movie in all the worst ways. Wilson is so filled with potential. It's his last mission. They even force there to be a boss battle at the end. Let's remember, this was the same year as Black Hawk Down. Why watch this?

Verdict (?): Weakly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment