Thursday, August 13, 2015

Delayed Reaction: Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story

What I Guessed It Was About: This is the story of Bruce Lee, or is it a kung fu movie about a character named Bruce Lee? I don't know what I expected, but I had a strong feeling that I'd be saying "that's not really how it happened" a lot.
How I Came Into It: I really wasn't sure what this movie was. I was pretty sure that this was a kung fu movie. I wasn't sure how it could be a bio-pic too. I was very confused.

Why I Saw It: (Club 50) About one fight scene in, I got a good idea what the description "A lionized account of Bruce Lee's life" meant. It's a thrilling way to get around the natural lulls of a biopic. As a kung fu movie, it's solid. I'm not a huge fan of the genre, so I'm sure there's better movies out there. Jason Scott Lee plays a good Bruce Lee. I'm assuming there's no relation.

Why I Wish I Hadn't: This was made before the internet caught on, but it's the perfect movie to watch with wikipedia pulled up. The problem with that is that when something happened in the movie, I looked up the truth about the situation online and often lost track of the movie because the wikipedia page was more interesting. Perhaps that's just me though.

Verdict (?): Weakly Don't Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment